Land surveying is the art and science of establishing or reestablishing corners, lines, boundaries, and monuments of real property based upon recorded documents, historical evidence, and present standards of practice. A land surveying professional is called a land surveyor. The information they collect is used to establish maps and boundaries for ownership, location of features, determination of elevations for building and location of structures for construction.
Surveying has been an element of private property ownership and infrastructure construction since the beginning of recorded history. The planning and execution of most forms of construction require it. It is used in mapping and the definition of legal boundaries for land ownership.
JAS has the capability and expertise to offer the following land surveying services:
- Boundary and Cadastral Surveying
- Record of Surveys
- Topographic Surveying and Mapping
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveying
- Land Development and Subdivision Surveying
- Planned Unit Development Designs
- Minor Land Divisions
- Legal Description Preparation
- Property and Easement Research
- Right of Way and Route Surveying
- FEMA Elevation Certificates
- Letter of Map Amendments (LOMA)
- Floodplain Development Permits
- Site Monitoring
- Site Planning and Design Surveying
- Surveying and Consulting for Boundary Disputes
- Expert Witness Services
Our licensed Professional Land Surveyors are knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of surveying. The latest technology in data collection, GPS, and robotic surveying is used by JAS field crews. They are resourceful and able to work under a wide variety of conditions.
JAS Professional Land Surveyors hold licenses in the states of Washington and Idaho.